Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Spooky!

Miss Spooky


I am Spooky Boo [aka Tara Marie]. I am the lover and student of all things Halloween, Horror, Gothic, and Odd. I am not a mean or depressing person, in fact, if you were to ask my friend and family, they would say that I have a bubbly personality and a sweet girl. So why a sweet one such as myself find comforts in the dark, dead, and scary? My older sister has been wondering the same thing and the best possible answer I can give is...I love life.

That should not make any sense in the normal standard...not really much "life" going on with the dead and spooky things but I find that seeing dead things, collecting creepy things, and watching horror movies makes me appreciate life. 


I value life and all its grandness. I am lucky to be here just like everyone on this planet. I have happened to always loved the darker things, the odd things, the spooky thing and it makes me love the light of life. I use to be overwhelming terrified with death. Laying down in my bed, scared beyond breath, about the end of me and I had so many questions about the after life and why I am here...just like everyone else. For me, I just couldn't breath I was so scared. I would ask my mom and she would tell me her best answer for things but still, I was frightened. I found comforts within not sunshine or dolls but skulls and coffins and when I discovered there were TV shows about ghost...I was scared to watch them but I could not stop. As I grew up and my Grandfather died, I had to stop, sit, and reflect on myself... why should I be afraid of something that I will become? I will be dead...I might be a ghost someday. I was annoyed with myself for being scared of these things when I collected Living Dead Dolls and loved vampires. I was in love with the macabre and enjoyed learning about ghost and strange things. 


To really pin point when I stopped being afraid of myself dying and to be understanding of ghost was when I married my best friend and high school sweetheart Nicodemus. That is what life is about...him...my mom...my dad...the sisters and brothers I have...my friends. They will die too...and that scares me more now than myself dying. 




 So when I collect Halloween decorations, Living Dead Dolls, and taxidermy..I see the true beauty in the macabre and the decay. I am struck with a feeling of pure happiness when I see a coffin or some bones. I get excited when I hear the word Halloween or monster.  I find things related to death more beautiful than anything on this earth, but if death is beauty...then life is breathtaking.

People may ask you...why do like scary things?...why are you Goth?....Don't you think that is a bit morbid to like? You are probably like me... someone who actually values life and to be honest...scaring people is a real hoot ;p

Stay Spooky

No comments:

Post a Comment